This resource comes from ManyChat's Knowledge Base. We've included it here for your convenience!
Magic 'Refresh Permissions' button will save you from a range of technical issues in your account, such as:
- Anything related to 'You don't have enough permissions' errors, which cause the Flows not being published and messages not being sent
- Pulling up the updated info from Facebook, such as new page name/user name/profile picture/etc. If the info changed on Facebook, but not yet in ManyChat, refreshing permissions is what you need!
- Authorize Websites list under Settings -> Growth Tools isn't being saved after the new domain is added
- Comments Growth Tool stopped pulling up the list of page posts
- Can't activate Main Menu, Welcome Message or Default Reply
- Some other issues that are not yet officially registered as being fixed by refreshing permissions.
But what to do if the magic button doesn't work and you get an error when trying to refresh permissions? This normally happens if you no longer has access to Facebook profile you used to create a ManyChat account, for example if your Facebook profile was blocked or deleted. It can also happen if you have Facebook page connected to ManyChat and you lost admin access to this page.
So if you have troubles refreshing permissions, make sure that you still have your Facebook profile active, and you can manage the Facebook page connected to ManyChat.
Messenger Ref URL troubleshooting
There are several issues that you might encounter while working with Messenger Ref URL Growth Tool, but don't worry - we have an easy solution to sort these problems in no time! Just follow our instructions below.
Table on contents:
1. Get Started button doesn’t appear
2. Opt-In Message isn’t sent
But first thing you need to check is whether or not your Growth Tool is enabled:
To receive a message from Messenger Ref Url, users must click "Get Started" button. However, this applies only to new users; people who are already your bot's subscribers will receive messages as soon as they click on the link. Basically, Get Started is triggering a flow and subscribing new users to your bot. You can find more info about this tool in this help article.
But, sometimes the button is missing in the chat box - if you've already checked that the Growth Tool is activated and changes are saved, please follow these steps:
1. Head to 'Settings' => 'General' in your ManyChat account and click 'Refresh Permissions' button.
2. After that, head back to your Growth Tool, Draft it and then re-activate it again:
Please note that these actions must be performed by the person who is the Admin both in ManyChat and on Facebook. This will restore connection between ManyChat and Facebook, and "Get Started" button should appear afterwards. If this didn't help - please do not hesitate to submit a ticket.
If you click "Get Started" button but don't receive the Opt-in message - this can happen due to various reasons, but we can help you solve most of them.
1. First of all, please try to click 'Refresh Permissions' button (find it in 'Settings' => 'General' in your ManyChat account). You have to have the 'Admin' Page Role in manyChat and on Facebook to do that. Also, head to the Growth tools tab and check the list of Authorized Websites. Make sure that you have ManyChat listed there, and if not - please make sure to add it.
2. After that, you need to check the Opt-in message itself: open your Growth Tool and make sure that the flow is Published. If you see the small yellow dot like on the screenshot below - it is a sign that you have unpublished changes in your Opt-In Message:
This can cause lots of issues, so you have to make sure that all changes are saved before using the Growth Tool: click 'Edit Flow' and then 'Publish' - this will save and update your Opt-In message. After that, re-activate your Growth Tool.
3. The most common reason why your Opt-in Message isn't getting sent is that ManyChat is not owning a conversation on Facebook. This is controlled by the Handover Protocol: it is a protocol of passing control of user conversations to the LiveChat apps based on their Receiver Role. In order for ManyChat to render all messages with 100% accuracy, you have to set up your Handover Protocol.
To enable Handover Protocol: head to your Facebook Page's Settings => Messenger Platform => App Settings => Configure, assign the 'Primary Receiver' role to ManyChat and the 'Secondary Receiver' role to other apps.
To activate Handover Protocol properly, it is required for a Page to have one app with the 'Primary Receiver' role.
After that, Handover tab will appear in your ManyChat Settings. Make sure to set ManyChat as Live Chat App:
You can find all information about this in our article here: Handover Protocol.